If you find yourself suffering from a badly decayed tooth, choosing to opt for a root canal treatment might just be an excellent solution. Here are three important benefits of root canal therapy.
1. The Life of the Tooth Can Be Prolonged When the soft tissue inside the root canal becomes infected or diseased, a root canal treatment can be performed. The diseased pulp is removed and is replaced with dental cement. This prolongs or even delays the extraction of the tooth.
2. The Natural Root Still Anchors the Tooth The root canal enables the tooth to continue to be anchored by the natural root instead of by an implant or bridge. Keeping the tooth in its original state can help maintain gum health and also increase one’s self-confidence. The unsightly appearance of a bridge causes some patients embarrassment and stress.
3. It’s Durable and Cost Effective The affected tooth can remain functional for years and years to come if properly maintained. A root canal procedure is considered to be an inexpensive solution to acute tooth decay, which means it is a viable option if you are on a budget.
For information on root canals in Raleigh, please visit the website. This procedure can improve your dental and overall health.
When selecting a dentist, most people don’t consider asking whether or not the dentist is available during the weekend and in the middle of the night. Why would this be important? Here are some reasons for consideration:
1. Severe Toothache If you’ve ever had a severe toothache that keeps you awake at night, you likely understand that the services of an emergency dentist are invaluable. Tooth pain is considered to be one of the worst types of pain. It can alter a person’s mental and emotional state, and that is why it needs to be addressed as quickly as possible.
2. Filling or Crown Falls Out
When a filling or a crown falls out, you need the help of a dentist right away. It can be very unnerving to have a hole in your mouth.
3. Front Teeth Get Knocked Out There’s probably not a parent on the planet that would wish this on any child, but accidents do happen. Children can lose their front teeth when pushed to the ground during a soccer game or from falling off the monkey bars.
Tooth decay happens when foods that contain sugar and starches are left on the teeth. Your mouth is full of bacteria and acid from the foods that you eat. The food debris, acid, bacteria and saliva come together to form plaque that clings to your teeth. The acids in the plaque dissolve the enamel of the teeth, which creates holes in your teeth called cavities. Here are three things to do to prevent tooth decay.
1. Brush Twice a Day
It takes at least two to three minutes to clean your teeth properly. Most people spend only 20 seconds. Consider using an electric toothbrush with a timer. You’ll be surprised how long two minutes actually is. Use a toothpaste containing fluoride.
2. Floss Daily
Flossing daily will help to prevent cavities. Get into the habit of flossing each time you brush, and if you can, floss after you eat.
3. Get Regular Dental Checkups
You should have your teeth checked and cleaned by a professional every six months. It costs more to repair cavities than to prevent them.
Following these guidelines will help to ensure a mouth full of healthy teeth and a happy smile. Please visit the website for additional information on this topic and tooth extractions in Cary.
When you have a job interview, you need to make a good first impression. How you present yourself is very important. Getting your teeth whitened before your interview is important. Here are three reasons why you should do it.
A smile says a lot about a person, including how much confidence they have. A bright, white smile will make you look confident as a person, which will make your employers believe you are confident in your job. Someone who is confident is much more likely to land a job than someone who seems like they aren’t sure about their own abilities.
Your teeth will give off a lot of assumptions about your cleanliness. People who have yellow and dingy teeth are often assumed to have poor oral hygiene habits. An employer is going to be less likely to hire someone if he or she thinks that the person will come to work unkempt.
A first impression is worth a thousand words. Humans are visual creatures. They will look at someone and know almost instantly if they are going to like them, or at least give them a chance. A potential employer will be more likely to give you a chance if you look put together and have a beautiful, white smile.
Although people don’t like to say that appearance is everything, it often is. Your appearance is important when it comes to socializing, include work related socialization. Get teeth whitening before your next job interview so you can have the confidence you need to land the job. Visit cosmetic dentistry in Soquel today http://www.drtimzdds.com/cosmetic-dentistry